Monday, October 5, 2009

Thesis and 1 Nephi 1

I present my thesis this week-Wednesday. I hope it goes smoothly. You never quite know with UNLV. But I think its pretty good so I'm not too concerned.
Its a transcription on Dvorak's Czech lied call Biblical Songs. He wrote it when he was teaching in New York City.
Marianne's mom and Daune brought a pick up of furniture. I even got a desk! My very own space! And to celebrate I even read my scriptures at my desk this morning. 1 Nephi chapter 1.
I liked how he said it was by his own hand. It showed that it was important enough not to delegate and that he had to personally work diligently on it. One of my favorite zen sayings it:
Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water
After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water

Not only does it show the value of work. But I think that work is not only a gateway to enlightenment/inspiration but also a key to hold open the doors as long as possible. (and that is from a color code strictly yellow! and proud of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment